BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 2, 2011

(IN)Volution

The relentless pass of time brings several consequences, and most of them (if not all) mean changes.. For bad or worse: Wrinkles, illness, experience, among others.

Well, societies can suffer this same changes too.

In our beloved country, people have twisted their way of living around hostility: From environment, as we live in one of the most seismic and weather-oscillating corners of the Earth; from the government, with all of the disrespect towards our society and all the mistakes the people in charge commit day by day; And finally from themselves, being us the ones who self-destroy our nation and our society by stealing from us, killing each other out of nothing, keeping our heads down towards bad decisions, tearing the planet apart with acts from simply throwing a paper into the ground to sinking entire areas to take more money to buy a new Mercedes.
This is a problem of most societies around the world, though.

So. My parents always talk about how good was to live in the eightys: People were way more kind than now, more united (in spite of all the political circumstances, our neighborhood remained like a family). You could be returning from a party at 3 AM walking by the middle of a dark street, and nothing would happen.
There's a phrase I hear a lot when crossing by a place full of buildings with my mom and dad, and I'm sure all the guys of my age have heard it too: "Before you were born, this was all just wastelands". I personally hate great amounts of buildings. I'd prefer a huge wasteland, so me and my friends can go to play football until it gets dark, like my father did in the past.
Everything was simpler back in the 80's. My grandpa tells me that kids at that time were happy with wooden toys and foot balls. Nowadays, if a child doesn't have his Ipod for chirstmas, he punches his father in the face right away. And that's other thing about the eightys: People were respectful. Starting from the way kids treated their parents or adults in general. Today if a teacher stand against a problematic student, the kid goes and spit on him (or he doesn't gets beaten). My father's friends always talk about people being loyal even in such a non-loyalty moment as a fight: Just one against one. Now, if you have some problem with one guy, he goes an returns with his friends, and things get messy.

Let's stop talking about eightys and start with the ninetys.
I was born in '91 (glorious year for national sports), so I went through the transition of 90's- 2000.
It was all pretty awesome in the ninetys, because I lived my childhood in those years. There was all just playing and spending time with friends and family. The smell of wet earth at 6 in the afternoon reminds me of when I was 9, and I did nothing more than play ball with my friends while my mother watered the grass with my father embracing her kindly.
There were no worries by that time, so it was an epic period of my life. And that leads me to think everything was awesome back then, even people. Anyway, comparing society with the 80's, it was still kind, but not that much. The news started talking a little less of sports and a little more about robbery and murder, so the atmosphere was starting to get grey.

2000 was the decay: Wars, madness, censorship, illness, crisis..
The only good thing I can take is the music. The age of NĂ¼ Metal. Slipknot (my first CD of all time was "IOWA"), SOAD, POD, Mudvayne, Papa Roach, Drowning Pool, Korn, they all begun to sound at fall of the 90's and developed at 2000.
Society turned crazy at that period, I think. The "society of information" starts to show, and people begin to get more informed about things around them, specially about politics. And with that, came rejection and nonconformity, expressed through violence.
The first fashions captures our adolescent people, powered by hollow TV shows (they were bad at the moment, but now they're funny to remember).

Now it's right to say: "Every past time was better".

(TIIIIIREEEEED!)










(P.S. Miss, I'm sorry 'bout delivering after thursday. It was a busy day, u know?..)




(1).

2 comments:

  1. man you wrote a lot!
    I loved your introduction jaja, and what you said about every past time was better, 90`s was the best time ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi! no it ca be for 2010 as well
    miss

    ReplyDelete